July 1, 2010

Link Aggregation - Paul Edition

I don't get much feedback on the blog, but the little I get is usually something along the lines of I would read it more, but you don't write about anything interesting...

What is usually meant by this is that the blog isn't very personal: I don't write much about my feelings, my ups-and-downs, my relationships or my struggles. Most of my writing is either esoteric (code, old video games, etc) or at arms length from my actual life.

I try to make up for this by introducing snippets of internet culture here, since only a few people I've ever met trawl the internet as much and as eagerly as I do. On a typical day I view dozens of images and read a bunch of articles, here's a small sampling of the fun and/or interesting things I've seen today:



Tea Party Jesus:The words of proselytizing, proud Christians coming from Jesus himself. Nothing I've seen so humorously and clearly demonstrates the disconnect between most Christians and the teachings of Jesus. Do you know who said the one above? (answer at the bottom, click to enlarge)



Catalog Living Wherein funny captions are giving to home catalog pictures as if someone were living in them. The one above is "Elaine wasn’t about to let some hot flashes get in the way of balancing the checkbook with the abacus.".



Turtles Eating Things. Awesome.


I know very little about Twilight, but this article on why Jacob has to lose was more interesting than it deserved to be (and highlights some of Twilight's out-of-control traditionalist undertones).

Reddit is the source of so much fun and humor, images especially. How to troll your baby. Apple awesomeness in what I do in my lunch hour. An epic clean joke thread.

Meanwhile, a NFSW paragraph: an equally epic dirty joke thread. A NSFW "I wish I were Mario" image that I really, really enjoyed. This YouTube video, also on Sullivan:



There's more, but those were some of the cream from today. This doesn't include coding articles, etc. Hopefully these posts containing lots of internets keep this more entertaining ^_^

Jesus answer: Who else? Glenn Beck.

No comments:

Post a Comment