July 22, 2010

"Everything is Amazing Right Now and Nobody Is Happy."

This video (at least the middle segment on banks, flying) got a lot of coverage on some programmer blogs about a year ago, I'm glad I finally found it again and can share it with you all:



Some thoughts:

  • When he talks about the "miracle of flying," I tend to feel that way about computers. Computers/Internet are a complete miracle, and the beautiful thing about studying Computer Science is that I know how it's working and can contribute to it. Education is the best drug, because the euphoria never leaves. It's also a great reason to study science (not necessarily at the expense of Arts/Humanities).

  • I'd never seen that last bit about his daughter. That made me incredibly happy, and very sad for the daughter; I got to confronting that much later in life. That's progress, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment