June 25, 2010

Terrible, Wonderful Music Videos

Here's a bunch. The first is probably the most cringe-worthy. This is why the terrorists hate us.



Here's another:



Murrrrrrr

Now for some non-crappy ones.

Embedding disabled by request, so you'll have to follow the link for the first one. It's a group called Skindred my former housemate showed me, a group that combines reggae and metal, of all things. I think it works pretty well here.

This one is awful, but I love it:



"El Sonidito" means "the little sound." To quote my brother, who showed it to me: "You need to play this at your next party. I've never seen a cooler bunch of moderately looking guys. Also, I've never seen anyone look so cool playing one note on the cheap keyboard."

The funny/sad thing is, this took off and got way popular. They made a "real" music video with actors, a plot, unexplainable Hot Dancing Women... and it sucks. I like the other one so much better.

On this blog's theme of remixes, we've got a great, Bootsie-sounding one of Mr. Plow:



When I first heard this, I was underwhelmed. They were on the Colbert Report (as their record is released by Comedy Central, and what better way to promo them?). Still, after a bunch of listens, it's pretty hip:



Finally, we'll round out this tour with a little Pitbull, lest we get too classy:



It's more there as a contrast; I sometimes forget what machismo pop culture is like. Also, it's damn catchy.

(I wanted to make a PL parody of this. "Miranda she gets LAZY, Haskell it is LAZY, the Bash Shell it is LAZY, Clean language it is LAZY,..., Now thunk it let's get LAZY, thunk it let's get LAZY...").

UPDATE (6/26/2010): This one, in the 'awful' category, comes from Saurya, though I find it much less an offender than the first two:



I would also place this in less-than-wildly-lame, only moderately-lame-but-lovably-comical! It's dubiously dubbed Crabcore since they stand like crabs to look hardcore. Gotta love the sweet Techno Dance Hall interlude near the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment