March 8, 2010

Comix, miscellanous

This weekend I treated myself and bought the first Deluxe Set of Y: The Last Man (issues 1-10, I had the second set before by a happy accident). It's really a marvelous comic, and suggest people take a look at it.

My friend Lyn has a comic of her own, which I also greatly enjoy. I keep petitioning for the inclusion of another character, and maybe one day my calls will be met.

Last summer I tried to get a comic going. I considered posting the 1.5 pages I completed. It was going to be based in the world of the Catlevania: SOTN tribute I thought about writing. I may get back to it, in the meantime, here's the basic 'standing sprite' I drew, both the complete (enlarged, sorry for the blur) version, and the to-scale evolution using Derek Yu's Pixel Art guide:



An animated gif showing my sprite evolving!
Finally, I can't stop watching this (make sure you full-screen it):



The song is great, if only because it channels chip music. But the animation! Made with real wood blocks using old-school stop motion? It inspires me to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment