October 8, 2010

Off to Istanbul!

I'm off next week to visit Madly Brilliant in her current home of Istanbul, Turkey. She's abroad for the first time, spending 5-ish months as a lab tech, so my visit bisects hers. Mad props to Adobe for letting me do this ^_^

(by the way, we just released the AIR Runtime for Android! Download it onto your phone now, and enjoy mobile AIR apps ^_^)

Of course, I'm visiting during a terror warning. Surprisingly, I'll describe my reaction with a meme:



Bruce Schneier (from 2004!) and Slate highlight why this is so.

Also, the last show I sound designed at pw used Fly Me To The Moon as a recurring musical motif. So when I heard this, at first I was like "Hmm..." but then started grooving contentedly:



I have a very colorful, mixed relationship to the theatre that produced the show (I was on the board). Still, they have a wonderful little wiki where I made and defaced a profile page.

Away I go!

1 comment:

  1. That sounded familiar to some other remixes I have of Fly me to the Moon.

    ReplyDelete