August 25, 2010

Strong words, Bed Intruder

A few things. One, cursing, and strong words!



I happen to agree. I swear very little, and do so very carefully (which is to say I treat swear words like any other word). But still, someone who thinks they have no place has never seen them put to great use (my favorite example is still the Pope Song).

Strong words!



Slurs, on the other hand, are pretty awful. I handle how I feel about these case by case. I happen to think, like swearing, we put too much weight on these as a society, but that's easy when you're tall, skinny, straight, and pass for white like I do. Normally I'm happy to leave well enough alone. But this Daily Show clip wins.

Finally, I love 2010. First you get this story on the news:



Which, naturally gets remixed:



But here's the best part: a school picked it up and playing it for marching band!



Are we lucky to be alive now, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment