April 17, 2010

Baal Bless the Internet

I love remixes, and hope sometime (probably after I graduate) I can get my lazy bum off the computer chair into the computer chair so I can make a few myself. Here are a few that I really love (I also link to the original sources, you should check them out if you get the chance):



Bale Out (warning, NOT SAFE FOR WORK) is a remix of Christian Bale's massive explosion on the set of Terminator: Extinction. Aside from being absolutely hilarious, it's a pretty hip dance piece.



This is Sparta! is the classic. Thanks, Gerard Butler, for making that role so damn good (original) so we could get so much mileage out of it (more at Know Your Meme).




Love and Trolls - Boxxy takes the theatricality of Boxxy and makes it into a hell of an expressive piece in its own right. Know Your Meme covers Boxxy pretty well. As an aside, my roommate and I see lots of things on the Internet that gross out or shock many people, and we don't bat an eyelash. But when I watch the original Boxxy videos... man. It's hard to get through it all.



Ronald McDonald Insanity, both the first (above) and the second, are surreal. Not for everyone, but as a fan of electronic music and noise music, the kinds of dissonances and textures created (as well as the video cacophony) are right up my alley. For the curious, they're primarily voice audio overlaid from established music (like Love and Trolls, which used Ratatat), in this case from a series of shooter games in Japan. The Ronald McDonald Insanity songs are here (first) and here (second).

No comments:

Post a Comment